Our animal care center is equipped with sophisticated instruments that allow us to measure many laboratory values. As a complement to our regular outside reference laboratory services, our in-house diagnostic capabilities allow us to get routine testing results during your wellness visit as well as non-wellness visits. Additionally, all pre-surgical testing, as well as emergency lab tests, can be performed within minutes. The rapid turn-around of both our outside lab and in-house lab allows animals to receive appropriate treatment in a timely manner.
OUR IN-HOUSE LABORATORY IS CAPABLE OF PROCESSING NUMEROUS TESTS SUCH AS:
- Cortisol levels to test for Cushing’s and Addison’s Disease
- Thyroid levels for detection of both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism
- Heartworm disease and tick-borne diseases
- Feline heartworm disease, Leukemia, and Feline AIDS
- Fine needle aspirate cytology
- Skin and ear cytology
- Electrolytes, blood gases, organ profiles, complete blood cell counts, and many more.
Proper diagnosis is the key to ensuring that your pet gets better as quickly as possible. Utilizing cutting-edge technology, we make sure to check very carefully into all the details of your pet’s health.
Specifically used to diagnose exotic pets, radiographs can be extremely helpful when it comes to evaluating potential diseases in their bones, respiratory or cardiac systems, and abdominal cavity, among other things. The digital radiology technology that we use makes the process shorter and makes it less stressful for your pet.
Digital imaging also allows for image manipulation, which enables us to focus on specific areas do precise calculations if needed.
THE ADVANTAGES OF DIGITAL RADIOLOGY FOR ANIMALS INCLUDE:
- Shorter time spent taking your pets’ radiographs.
- Fewer radiographs need to be taken to achieve a perfect result.
- Less stress for your pet!
- radiographs can be immediately e-mailed to a veterinary radiologist if warranted.
Pain-free and 100% non-invasive, ultrasound technology allow us to get detailed readings for problems within your pet’s spleen, heart, bladder, and more. Because they don’t cause any discomfort, they are virtually anxiety free for pets of all kinds.
IT IS PARTICULARLY USEFUL FOR VIEWING:
- Urinary bladder
We proudly offer flexible endoscopy, otoscopy, rhinoscopy, and digital thermal imaging services. These let us examine health issues in pets that are too small to be seen otherwise, including infections, tumors, ear injuries, and more. We do everything within our power to ensure your pet’s comfort during these minimally invasive procedures.
To set up an appointment for your furry, scaly, or feathered friend, call us today. We look forward to helping your furry friend feel better.